Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sweating it Out!!!

People frequent gym for various reasons. Of late I started visiting a gym. Initially I was enthusiastic about it. But after 3-4 days the flame of enthusiasm started to flicker. Oh no why do I have to drag myself to the gym every day. How do I keep myself motivated to work out?

I realized that one should set one goal at a time; otherwise the whole purpose is defeated. One should not think of losing weight and start noticing the result within a few days. Exercising regularly and following a healthy diet will obviously work wonders. But who is going to leave that yummy mouth watering food to lose weight?

What is the workaround for these issues then?

- try not to focus on losing weight, instead try to enjoy your workout
- try not to overexert your body and expect immediate effects
- try to keep your body well hydrated. Drink lots of water before and after exercise and sip little water during exercise
- enjoy the music to relax during workout
- look at numerous other people who are sweating it out to keep you motivated
- eat your favourite food but in small quantities
- time each activity, do not exceed more than 30-45mins of exercise initially

Exercising not only acts as a stress buster, it helps you stay fit and in good shape.

Happy exercising!

No comments: